AllGeekToMe.net is looking to hire a Lifestyle Writer to contribute several weekly stories on a variety of topics. The Lifestyle section tends to collect a number of things that don’t fit anywhere else on the site.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be knowledgeable about lifestyle topics, including: Home Goods, Music, Art, DIY Projects, Food, Health/Fitness, Toys, and General Geeky Sundry
- Understand how to draft a news story, including AP style
- Be active on social media
- Have a firm grasp of grammar
- Be able to work independently and on strict deadlines
- Be comfortable working in WordPress
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have a distinct voice and style of writing
- Be able to conduct interviews professionally
- Writing between 1 and 4 articles per week
- Staying abreast of your assigned topics
- Attending editorial meetings via Google Hangout once monthly
- Helping to spread the word about All Geek to Met via word of mouth and social media
- Interviewing various people on subjects pertaining to your area/department
Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your resume, writing samples, and a bit about why you would like to write for us, and which topics you are able to cover. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Right now, no one working at All Geek to Me are paid. We expect that to change in the future, and plan to make these positions paid at that time. These positions do offer great experience, opportunities to connect to professionals in a field in which you are interested, and a recommendation for future employment.