AllGeekToMe.net is looking to hire a General Assignment/News Writer to contribute several weekly stories to our Comic Books/Graphic Novels section. This is NOT a review position, and will consist of news writing, interviews, and editorials.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be knowledgeable about Comic Book topics, including: Publishers (major and independent), Writers, Artists, Industry Trends, and Comic History and Culture
- Be able to reach out to and maintain relationships with publishers, writers, and artists
- Understand how to draft a news story, including AP style
- Be active on social media
- Have a firm grasp of grammar
- Be able to work independently and on strict deadlines
- Be comfortable working in WordPress
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have a distinct voice and style of writing
- Be able to conduct interviews professionally
- Writing between 1 and 4 articles per week (news, editorial, and interview)
- Staying abreast of your assigned topics
- Attending editorial meetings via Google Hangout once monthly
- Helping to spread the word about All Geek to Met via word of mouth and social media
- Interviewing various people on subjects pertaining to your area/department
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, writing samples, and a bit about why you would like to write for us, and which topics you are able to cover. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Right now, no one working at All Geek to Me are paid. We expect that to change in the future, and plan to make these positions paid at that time. These positions do offer great experience, opportunities to connect to professionals in a field in which you are interested, and a recommendation for future employment.