I may be getting ahead of myself but it seems Thor: Ragnarok is the love story all us Thor fans have been waiting for…
…Yes, sometime it can be exhausting defending the God of Thunder but get ready hater geeks because Thor is about to rock your Dark Knight mind!
Marvel released the first teaser trailer for the third installment of the Thor franchise (seemingly before the theaterical release of GoTG Vol. 2 on May 5th) and let’s just say it is was pretty f*!king amazing and answers several questions that were brought up when the first stills came out in Entertainment Weekly in March. Watch the trailer below…
So, as a hardcore Thor fan (and it is not only because he is good-looking though what does it matter that he is, men have been objectifying women in comic books for years so f*!k off for judging me for finding a man attractive — #FeministKilljoy). I am very happy that Marvel has finally let the world know that Thor is actually a comic relief in MCU. I mean your first thought regarding this trailer is “how ridiculous,” and that is understandable than watch it again and than you will realize that it is brilliant!
Here the major plot points we got from the first trailer:
- At first we thought that Thor “misplaced” his hammer but no — the BADA$$ Goddess of Death, Hela (Cate Blanchett), freaking smashed the hammer in the extremely captivating opening moments of the trailer!
- Hela takes over Asgard and sends Thor to Sakaar where is gets a makeover and is forced to take part in gladiatorial games.
- Not sure what Loki is up to. Was he also sent to Sakaar (he ends up there are some point because he watches Thor fight). Did he try to protect Asgard from Hela and fail? I guess everyone will learn that Loki was pretending to be Odin for a wee bit.
- Hela and Valkyrie are LITERALLY EVERYTHING, though I will miss Lady Sif but so much Girl Power.
- We already knew that the film will include aspects of Planet Hulk and now we finally see gladiator Hulk and not only are we excited but so is Thor who is thrilled to be fighting his “friend from work.”
- We also get a brief look at possible flashbacks, Heimdall fighting someone with his sword, but we did not see Doctor Strange anywhere.
- Also, don’t freak out but Thor is rocking his HELMET! YAY!
- But where is Darryl…?
Overall, I am really picking up what director Taika Waititi (What We Do in the Shadows) is putting down. This vibe is mixture of classic ’80s comic book colors mixed with Tron (classic Tron not CGI Jeff Bridges Tron) vibes beautifully mixed with the wit of Thor and a throwback Led Zeppelin track. I do not care what anyone says I will always love Thor directed by Kenneth Branagh and Captain America: Winter Solider is the best superhero film (so far) but Thor: Ragnarok could take the cake!
Oh, here is first poster!
The main event, Thor: Ragnarok, will go down November 3rd!