Dr. Horrible Sequel Could Start Filming Next Year
Grab your Freeze Rays because Dr. Horrible is getting ready to take over the world, or, he will be. The sequel to Joss Whedon’s groundbreaking web musical Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog has been discussed, rumored, and salivated over ever since the third act faded out more than four years ago, but so far nothing concrete has come out about when we might be seeing the return of the video blogging supervillain. Well, wait no more. In an interview with MTV, one of the brilliant minds behind the original Dr. Horrible, Maurissa Tancharoen Whedon, said that we could be seeing his return as soon as next year.
“The goal is that we are going to be shooting next year, and getting the script and everything done at the end of this year,” Tancharoen says. “So that is something that we’re actually physically working on now.”
Don’t forget though, both Whedon and Tancharoen are neck deep in the new S.H.I.E.L.D. series for ABC, which also involves fellow Horrible scribe Jed Whedon (brother of Joss, husband of Maurissa), so they’ll be working around some pretty tough scheduling.
Rumors abound as to what, and who, will be appearing in the follow-up, but Tancharoen didn’t offer any other clues. She did say, however, that they are planning an array of extras that will exceed the Commentary! The Musical of the last release.
In the meantime, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog will make its television debut this coming Tuesday October 9th at 9/8c on the CW.