Marvel Teams Up With Susan G. Komen For The Cure
Marvel Entertainment has teamed up with Susan G. Komen for a Cure to help promote National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Eight variant covers will be released this month, exclusively at comic shops. As you can see in the slideshow, Marvel characters are rocking the pink.
Marvel will also run advertisements in its comics to raise awareness of breast cancer in men.
“It’s rewarding to see the partnership between Marvel and Susan G. Komen For The Cure produce such exciting art to raise awareness about the risk of breast cancer to both women and men,” said Dan Buckley, Publisher & President of the Print, Animation & Digital Divisions, Marvel Worldwide, Inc. “We hope that all our fans take a moment this month to educate themselves on the ways to fight—and reduce– this risk of this disease by checking out the free resources Komen has to offer.”
Here is the complete list of Komen Variant titles, and when they will be available:
- Avengers #31 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 10, 2012
- Captain America #18 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 10, 2012
- Captain Marvel #5 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 10, 2012
- Fantastic Four #611 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 10, 2012
- Invincible Iron Man #526 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 10, 2012
- The Mighty Thor #21 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 17, 2012
- Uncanny X-Men #20 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 17 2012
- Wolverine #315 Komen variant, on sale Oct. 24, 2012