Superman and Wonder Woman Should Look For Other Superpowered Makeouts
The new “It” couple taking the media by storm is Superman and Wonder Woman, two of the biggest names in the DC Universe. So much so that there are articles ranging from MTV Geek to the NY Times.
Justice League writer Geoff Johns claims in Entertainment Weekly that this is more than a tryst or publicity stunt. The romance is the real deal and will affect the entire DC Universe. “This is the new status quo.” Does this mean we’ll be seeing more super powered couples? Will any DC character with an average boyfriend or girlfriend be kicked to the curb like Lois Lane?
(If you haven’t checked it out yet, Entertainment Weekly has a hilarious mock interview with Lois Lane after the Justice League cover was released with an extremely intimate Superman and Wonder Woman. They used the John Stewart remedy and fed her ice cream to numb the pain.)
But back to my point, I think I am one of the few people that is not a fan of this match. So thanks to my good friend Ron, who after listening to my ranting about why I feel like this relationship is extremely corny, suggested I make a list of better matches for the DC super stars, which I did based on their Match.com profiles.
Please note I did this list for fun. So don’t get your feathers ruffled if you hate my picks.
- Princess Amethyst: They share an adoptive childhood, flight, strength, and multiple identities.
- Artemis: She’s an Amazon, so that’s right up Superman’s alley according to his profile. She can keep her own in a fight so Supe doesn’t have to worry. Also, they aren’t big fans of politics.
- Hawkgirl: She’s an alien. She can fly. And she would butt heads with Sup in an instant, which could create some interesting dialogue.
- Wally West: He loves food and would jump at the chance to get ice cream after a battle. Plus he’s freaking adorable!
- The Atom: He’s extremely smart so he can teach her all about the Y chromosome and then some.
- Viking Prince: The second part of his name is mainly why I picked him but he also has the advantage of being invulnerable…
On another note, who the hell wrote Wonder Woman’s dating profile?!? She sounds like a complete idiot. The Wonder Woman I know worries more about kicking ass rather than searching for her prince or catching up on vampire romance novels. Thanks for knocking her down a few pegs, us female readers really despise strong, independent women characters…
As for Superman, I expect him to sound corny. It’s part of his farmboy appeal.
Maybe Johns and Lee will make this work but as for now, I am skeptical.